Tuesday 31 July 2012

NewFOs for July

I decided and my stash dictated that I would be adding a sash to my
Great Granny Along quilt. 
The top is all sewn together and now I have to dig through
some more to see what I'll use for the backing, I hope I have
enough flannel scraps.
This quilt went together very fast and has used up alot of scraps
that were just begging to be called into action.
It's going to be so cosy for the
coming winter months.

Next up is a quilt for
100 Quilts for Kids
This is my 7th so far this year for a womens' shelter in
Prince Albert, SK.
I have some flannel waiting in the wings for the back.
Have you read about this cause?

Yesterday I found myself fiddling around at my machine
and the next thing I know I'm making a few more of the trees
from the scraps of yesterday's post. These are fairly small
at 1 1/2" ~ 2" for the evergreens and the tree trunk
is 4" tall.  I haven't got a clue where this is going but I'm
sure I'll have fun getting it there.

Bullet wants to remind all of you pet-parents that
with  August looming so to is
So scrub up Scooby, tidy up Tigger and all the rest
of our 2 and 4 legged furry/feathered/scaley babies,
grab a quilt and start snapping your award winning photos!
~
Well that's my collection of this months Newfos
which reminds me that if you don't  have enough Newfos
and need a reason for more click here

Join the challenge ~ Feed the Need




3 comments:

  1. Your granny square quilt is so pretty! I'm inspired every time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and I can't wait to see more of Bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Carolyn. I especially like the trees. Pretty good for fooling around I would say. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!