Sunday 26 August 2012

Sewing Spools Sniffling

*
The last couple of days have seen me a tad unwell.
I caught a flippin' cold, yip-eeee!
Not what I wanted to do right at the end of summer nor as the impending school year approaches.
It only took 2 weeks into the school year last year and all the kids had a sniffle to a cough to one staying home for a couple of days. The house could just not shake whatever it was for months.
Poor hubby spent last Christmas flat on his back, 2 weeks later, just when I was suppose to start a mystery quilt along I came down with it and was in bed for almost a week and then couldn't do much more than sit in my chair and watch TV for another week. What an ordeal, so here's hoping this goes and fast!
*
Now about the pic up there. I had read/seen somewhere a post on spool blocks and thought that they are quite cute, sew what's a girl to do but dive right in and this happened!
It still needs to be finished but I didn't have anything else to post about without having my wits about me!
luvin' the dots!

OKay, this one's a little wonky,

this spool has even more wonk to it but I like it.

I like the floral print for the thread on this spool.
It's funny, try as I might I could not get my head around anyone's tutorial for these
sew...I winged it! Yep, I just started pulling fabrics from my stash and sewed them together.
Yes, I know, that explains the wonky-ness to them but you know,
I still like it and I'm still going to put this mini on my  wall of fame!
*
You've probably seen this button/logo popping up all over the place since Saturday/Sunday

Well if you haven't checked it out you should because there are at last count
>146 GIVEAWAYS<
that's right, your eyes are not deceiving you!!!
See this button in my sidebar? or better yet back up to my post from the 25th and start
HOPPING!!!
*
Here's another button you'll be seeing sooooon...
I got lucky enough to be included in this spooktacularly
WICKED BLOG HOP
 hosted by the ever so wonderful
Wendy @ Why Knot Kwilt & the amazing Madame Samm.
There could still be space for the WICKED BLOG HOP,
jump on your broomstick and fly over to Wendy's to find out!
*
One more thing I'd like to bring to your attention today if I may,

This button is also in my sidebar and I'd like to invite you, yes you, to join our group.
At this time we are 35 members strong but we would like to invite all quilters,
beginners, new bloggers and seasoned stitchers to meet some of the nicest folks blogland has to offer!
You don't have to have dolls to make doll quilts{I don't} I just like to hang these mini works of art on my wall in my sewing space. I find doll quilts are a fabulous way to try something new on a small scale and be able to complete it in a short time. It doesn't cost to join either like some I've seen.
Just click the button in my SB and your on your way. Believe me, if it wasn't easy to join I wouldn't have!
If you jump in now you might be able to get in on the September Swap {not entirely sure about this}.
Hope to see you at the next  DOLL QUILT SWAP.
*
HAPPY HOPPING & SWAPPING EVERYONE



1 comment:

Your comments make my day!