Sunday 28 October 2012

Do You Believe?

*
Some of you may remember this gal.
I had her on a post that was about bird nesting and backlash due to
my sewing machine having an extremely bad case of
"BUGGERED STITCHING" or "B.S." for short.(wink)
*
For those of you that have been lucky enough not to have experienced this
phenomenon with your sewing machine, this is what it looks like.
This is the back of a quilt for my Granddaughter,
*
*
see the mess of thread (pretty bad, isn't it?).
No matter how many times I re-threaded, ripped out, re-stitched, ripped out, re...
you get the picture?!
After the post, I had so many fantastic friends share their solutions with me that I was able to
complete both my Grandkids quilts!
Thank you all so very much!
*
The way I fixed the problem  was to cut out a small circle of
sew-in interfacing and place it in the bobbin case first
then my bobbin!! No more headaches!!
I may give the teflon discs a try yet but since I'm 45 minutes from the nearest retailer,
this solution was spot on!
*
You don't want to miss the next 3 days of the
Wicked Blog Hop.
Stop in to see "Spiderella" and enter my GIVEAWAY!




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you figured it out, and I will remember this helpful tip! :) I'm also glad that we won't have to see that scary mean cartoon girl anymore. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that too but I just LOVE the Teflon discs! Glad you got it fixed!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stoppy by Simplesew and leaving me a note, I love your wonky pumpkin. Thanks for the cool tip about the bobbins, sometimes I have this problem, I have an old singer and it doesnt like some threads...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a fix.....but I did enjoy your ranting! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!