Monday 17 December 2012

NEWFO 2013 WISH TO - DO LIST

*


*
This is the kick off  to 2013 Newfo Challenge brought to you by
Cat Patches!
(isn't this button the cutest)?
Once again, Barb is hosting this fun challenge to all quilters. If your a quilter
that loves to start and not necessarily finish projects then this is THE place to be!
WHY?
"Starting" is the entire idea driving this challenge and the  best part is 
you don't have to finish a thing! Zip! Nada! Zilch!
*
This tear I'm going to try to focus on a few key projects with something completely
new to me. For instance, 
*

*
I'd like to try a Cathedral Windows Quilt or something with curves.
*
I've just finished reading The Devil's Puzzle by Clare O'Donohue and in the book there 
is reference to this quilt design, 
The Devil's Puzzle
*

*
Next on my list (in my head) is something modern, circles or a geometric design.
I need to find some ideas for this one yet.
*

*
After seeing some of the most beautiful hand stitching by my blogging buddy Susan,
who is the  Canadian Abroad, I am wanting to give this a try as well this year.
*
*
Susan's stitching is amazing!
Look at the back of this piece...exquisite!
*
*
I'm going to be sorting my scraps for Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy
starting in the new year!
*
*
So that's the start of my 2013 "Wish to - do List" but first I really should try to get
my Laundry Day Quilt quilted, (tomorrow may be promising for that). I haven't finished
a quilt around here for a while and the Mr. has been asking when am I getting another quilt done 
for our bed since it's been so flippin' cold and damp here on the Canadian prairies!
Hey! I'm game and since he did ask so nicely  ;)
*

6 comments:

  1. A great list with room to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects. Looks like a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I should put together a goal list too. I want to do something modern also. Could improve my hand stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely words, and funny when I read your Laundry Day Quilt - all that went through my mind was 'get my laundry done'. You can tell what state my house is in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great plan with some fun projects for the new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo - yes - I've got to do a cathedral window some time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!