Friday 28 December 2012

My Rainbow Scrap Challenge Inspiration

*
Have you heard about
 and the 
2013 RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE?
Truly, I must have been living under a rock or on another planet!
*
The premise is to, over the course of the year, sew up a scrappy quilt of your choice
and be motivated by the other scrap busters joining in!
I have never committed to anything like this before and I do have alot of scraps that leave me 
scratching my head as to what to do with them.
This is what I'm going to stitch up, I just love this quilt.
*
*
It's called "Northwinds" or "Corn and Beans".
No, your eyes aren't going wonky it just looks like it...way cool ( I think ).
It's mind bending!
*
This particular quilt is from
This is a real testimony as to what can happen when a bunch of 
not-sew-attractive fabrics are combined resulting in this treasure!
*
I can't wait to get started!
*
What are your plans for 2013's sewing list?
*



6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to go sit somewhere quiet now after looking at that quilt too closely! It is way cool, but it could drive some people doolally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! It will be the perfect quilt for using up lots and lots of scraps. Almost time to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge! I just made a scrappy rainbow block for a bee and it would be fun to make an entire quilt like the block. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check out this challenge as I have lots of scraps. Probably do something with a more modern spin to it. I have lots of UFOs to finish and some kits I put together for some purses. Lots to do and excited to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I like Corn and beans! I have a bunch of scraps too....hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..you are one very ambitious lady!!! I love that quilt...I will look into the challenge and see if it is something I want to do :):) Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!