Saturday 30 August 2014

Scrap Purge Goodies

For a while now I've been meaning to sew up some bowl coasters so it would be easier 
for all of us to hold onto a steaming bowl of soup or stew.
These are the bowl coasters I made for the boys.
They were pretty quick to finish and I should have done this eons ago!
I used a piece of insulbrite in between the fabric
and they got the thumbs up award. 
My granddaughter will be able to tuck her dolly in with this little scrappy quilt.
I'll whip up a pillow to go with it.

I love the roses on the back and the binding is scrappy too!



linking up with the Stitched in Color's the PURGE
Enjoy the Labour Day holiday, last long weekend of summer 2014!
WOW!!!
HAPPY STITCHING  :D







8 comments:

  1. How'd you know I wanted some soup? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of bowl coasters Carolyn, but what a great idea!
    Your granddaughter will love her doll quilt - very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowl coasters ... what a grand idea! May have to steal (um, I mean borrow) the idea if it's ok with you. Your granddaughter will love the doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am looking forward to wanting a bowl of hot soup this winter. ;) The dolly quilt is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bowl coaster is new to me, but they are so, so cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! We often bake pasta in individual dishes and they are very hot -- these would be so much nicer than our towels on hot pads we now use! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, I love those bowl coasters - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!